The first regional wastewater workshop, for Africa, was held directly before the 16th African Water Association (AfWA) Congress and Exhibition in Marrakech, Morocco, taking place from 20-23 February. These Congresses typically have well over 1,000 visitors from all over Africa, and like the 15th Congress in Kampala in March 2010, UNW-DPC was present with a UN-Water seminar and booth. The UN-Water Seminar was held on the “Safe Use of Wastewater in Agriculture” on Tuesday, February 21st. More information on the AfWA Congress can be found at: http://www.afwamarrakech2012.org/EN/Default.aspx.
- Please click here to view the UN-Water events calendar.
- 20 March 2014: Water Lecture for World Water Day in Bonn, Germany
- 21 March 2014: Side Event on "Addressing the Water-Energy Nexus" at official World Water Day celebrations in Tokyo
- 6 - 9 May 2014: 3rd regional drought workshop for Asia in Viet Nam
- 5 - 9 May 2014: IFAT Trade Fair in Munich
- 19-20 May 2014: Special session on institutional capacity development at the international Sustainability in the Water-Energy-Food Nexus conference in Bonn, Germany