The first regional wastewater workshop, for Africa, was held directly before the 16th African Water Association (AfWA) Congress and Exhibition in Marrakech, Morocco, taking place from 20-23 February. These Congresses typically have well over 1,000 visitors from all over Africa, and like the 15th Congress in Kampala in March 2010, UNW-DPC was present with a UN-Water seminar and booth. The UN-Water Seminar was held on the “Safe Use of Wastewater in Agriculture” on Tuesday, February 21st. More information on the AfWA Congress can be found at: http://www.afwamarrakech2012.org/EN/Default.aspx.
- Please click here to view the UN-Water events calendar.
- 17-20 November 2014: 5th Regional Workshop, for Near East and North African countries, in the UN-Water initiative "Capacity Development to Support National Drought Management Policies"
- 15-17 January 2015: The UN-Water Annual International Zaragoza Conference. Water and Sustainable Development: From Vision to Action.
- 22 March 2015: World Water Day 2015: Water and Sustainable Development
- 25-27 March 2015: Dresden Nexus Conference for Water, Soil and Waste